I heart my crock pots.
I mean what is not to love?
They do all the work, clean up in a snap and have a very versatile range of awesomeness they can create, it doesn’t heat up my kitchen during the summer and it makes warm and toasty food for the soul in the winter.
I have 3 that I use regularly… And my favorites are my programmable Smart Pots… admittedly partially because I just like saying smart pot (NOTE: I know some folks say they have trouble with them cookin’ hot, but both of my smart pots work just fine.)
Anyhoo… with all this crock talk and fall a comin’ on, I decided to take pen to paper (and pin to Pinterest) to come up with a list of all the fantastic things you can do with the wonderful magical crock pot.
26 Things You Can Do With A Crock Pot
- Line them. The slow cooker has officially made my wish come true! No dishes!!! I love these dag-gone liners about as much as I love my pots… just sayin’ (Psst… Buy them here if you can’t find them in the store.)
- When life gives you apples, make applesauce/apple butter. We recently visited the orchard, so I intend on putting this apple sauce recipe and this apple butter recipe to use soon.
- Bake Brownies. Yep, I said brownies. Chocolate in a crock pot? What a heavenly combo! Check out these Slow Cooker Triple Chocolate Brownies.
- Roast a Bird. We just love this “Rotisserie” Chicken- Crock Pot Style.
- Comfort Food. Crockin’ does comfort food up right and is perfect for whipping up a batch of the ultimate cheesy GOODeNESS… Mac N’ Cheese. Truth be told, I can’t wait to try this recipe for Macaroni & 4 Cheeses from my Miss Jane’s blog.
- Bake your Spuds. Love, Love, LOVE this tip to have your baked potatoes ready and waiting after a long work day. It is as easy as washin’ ‘em up, wrapin’ them in foil and letting your slow cooker do the rest.
- Homemade Refried Beans. I am so excited to give these a try to use in our favorite Brown Bag Burritos Freezer Recipe
- Make Soap. Believe it or not, you can make soap in a slow cooker… who knew?!
- Party People! How about whipping up some of these Easy Party Meatballs , BBQ Weiners or Queso Dip for your next get-together?
- WarmUp Cool Mornings. Waking up to a hot breakfast will almost make mornings bearable… almost. How about oatmeal, bacon & eggs or even this Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole… yum!
- Make the Perfect Roast. I LOVE this Oh-So-Easy Pot Roast Dinner. You’ll have the family convinced that you slaved away for hours on this one.
- Cheesecake Anyone? Who’d a thunk that the perfect food could be made in a slow cooker??? I cannot wait to try this Cheesecake Recipe.
- Switch Size on the Fly. Check out this cool 3-in-1 Slow Cooker that lets you switch crocks depending on your need: 2 quart, 4 quart or 6 quart.
- Mashed Taters. This recipe has me craving some good Ultimate Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes. Yum!
- Chill Baby. Oh, yeah… This FREEZE-O-RAMA mama is so excited to discover these Freezer Cooking Slow Cooker Recipes on Pinterest!
- Let Them Eat Cake. Enough said. The Country Cook is at it again with some Hot Fudge Sunday Cake. Oh. My. Word.
- Get Saucy. Despite my major fail the last time, I will one day make this red sauce.
- Bread Baby. Check out this Banana Bread Recipe or this Couldn’t Be Easier Slow Cooker Bread.
- Dye Your Own Yarn. Love this tutorial on how to use your crock pot to dye yarns with KoolAid.
- Make a Sandwich. Check out these recipes for Crock Pot BBQ Pork, Zippy Shredded Pork or this fun Crock Pot Sandwich Loaf.
- Feed a Hungry Crew. This hearty Slow Cooker Lasagna recipe hits the spot after a long day and made a few displaced railroaders very happy last fall.
- DIY Yogurt. Check out this tutorial on how to make your own yogurt for pennies on the dollar. Wow!
- Make a Snack. Try this Granola Recipe on for size! I know I am going to. Or, make your own hummus!
- Craft Up Some Candles. Yep, you can make your own candles in a crock pot! I love this tutorial because it isn’t messy like one would think. These would be perfect for my upcoming homemade gift series. (More on that later.)
- Take a Dip. From fondue options to this yummy Easy Dulce de Leche Dip the slow cooker knows how to take a swim!
- Souper Supper. No crock pot list would be complete without soup, chili and stew. Truth be told, I can’t wait to try this Cheesy Potato Soup, this “Wendy’s” Chili and this Mom’s Crockpot Beef Stew
Not enough things you can do with a crock pot? Check out 17 More Ways to Use a Crock Pot.
What do you like to Crock?
Note: Affiliate links are used in this post.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.