I heart my crock pots.
I mean what is not to love?
They do all the work, clean up in a snap and have a very versatile range of awesomeness they can create, it doesn’t heat up my kitchen during the summer and it makes warm and toasty food for the soul in the winter.
I have 3 that I use regularly… And my favorites are my programmable Smart Pots… admittedly partially because I just like saying smart pot (NOTE: I know some folks say they have trouble with them cookin’ hot, but both of my smart pots work just fine.)
Anyhoo… with all this crock talk and fall a comin’ on, I decided to take pen to paper (and pin to Pinterest) to come up with a list of all the fantastic things you can do with the wonderful magical crock pot.
26 Things You Can Do With A Crock Pot
- Line them. The slow cooker has officially made my wish come true! No dishes!!! I love these dag-gone liners about as much as I love my pots… just sayin’ (Psst… Buy them here if you can’t find them in the store.)
- When life gives you apples, make applesauce/apple butter. We recently visited the orchard, so I intend on putting this apple sauce recipe and this apple butter recipe to use soon.
- Bake Brownies. Yep, I said brownies. Chocolate in a crock pot? What a heavenly combo! Check out these Slow Cooker Triple Chocolate Brownies.
- Roast a Bird. We just love this “Rotisserie” Chicken- Crock Pot Style.
- Comfort Food. Crockin’ does comfort food up right and is perfect for whipping up a batch of the ultimate cheesy GOODeNESS… Mac N’ Cheese. Truth be told, I can’t wait to try this recipe for Macaroni & 4 Cheeses from my Miss Jane’s blog.
- Bake your Spuds. Love, Love, LOVE this tip to have your baked potatoes ready and waiting after a long work day. It is as easy as washin’ ‘em up, wrapin’ them in foil and letting your slow cooker do the rest.
- Homemade Refried Beans. I am so excited to give these a try to use in our favorite Brown Bag Burritos Freezer Recipe
- Make Soap. Believe it or not, you can make soap in a slow cooker… who knew?!
- Party People! How about whipping up some of these Quick & Easy Meatballs , BBQ Weiners or Queso Dip for your next get-together?
- WarmUp Cool Mornings. Waking up to a hot breakfast will almost make mornings bearable… almost. How about oatmeal, bacon & eggs or even this Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole… yum!
- Make the Perfect Roast. I LOVE this Oh-So-Easy Pot Roast Dinner. You’ll have the family convinced that you slaved away for hours on this one.
- Cheesecake Anyone? Who’d a thunk that the perfect food could be made in a slow cooker??? I cannot wait to try this Cheesecake Recipe.
- Switch Size on the Fly. Check out this cool 3-in-1 Slow Cooker that lets you switch crocks depending on your need: 2 quart, 4 quart or 6 quart.
- Mashed Taters. This recipe has me craving some good Ultimate Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes. Yum!
- Chill Baby. Oh, yeah… This FREEZE-O-RAMA mama is so excited to discover these Freezer Cooking Slow Cooker Recipes on Pinterest!
- Let Them Eat Cake. Enough said. Miss Jane is at it again with some Hot Fudge Spoon Cake. Oh. My. Word.
- Get Saucy. Despite my major fail the last time, I will one day make this red sauce.
- Bread Baby. Check out this Banana Bread Recipe or this Couldn’t Be Easier Slow Cooker Bread.
- Dye Your Own Yarn. Love this tutorial on how to use your crock pot to dye yarns with KoolAid.
- Make a Sandwich. Check out these recipes for Crock Pot BBQ Pork, Zippy Shredded Pork or this fun Crock Pot Sandwich Loaf.
- Feed a Hungry Crew. This hearty Slow Cooker Lasagna recipe hits the spot after a long day and made a few displaced railroaders very happy last fall.
- DIY Yogurt. Check out this tutorial on how to make your own yogurt for pennies on the dollar. Wow!
- Make a Snack. Try this Granola Recipe on for size! I know I am going to. Or, make your own hummus!
- Craft Up Some Candles. Yep, you can make your own candles in a crock pot! I love this tutorial because it isn’t messy like one would think. These would be perfect for my upcoming homemade gift series. (More on that later.)
- Take a Dip. From fondue options to this yummy Easy Dulce de Leche Dip the slow cooker knows how to take a swim!
- Souper Supper. No crock pot list would be complete without soup, chili and stew. Truth be told, I can’t wait to try this Cheesy Potato Soup, this “Wendy’s” Chili and this Mom’s Crockpot Beef Stew
Not enough things you can do with a crock pot? Check out 17 More Ways to Use a Crock Pot.
What do you like to Crock?
Note: Affiliate links are used in this post.