Are you looking for something yummy and warm for the cool fall mornings before school or work?
Yes, I can technically say school now that my baby is a school going gal… sniff…
She will be a pro… it is her mother (and her father) that I am worried about… just sayin’
Anyhoo, this recipe can be found in Gooseberry Patch’s Big Book of Home Cooking.
Psst… I am giving this awesome book away… hurry and enter before it is too late… dun, dun, dunh!
You start out with 2 cups blueberries.
Add 4 apples cored, sliced or chopped thinly and peeled -if you prefer– obviously I prefer to keep them on.
Add 1/4 cup brown sugar
And 1/4 cup frozen orange juice- thawed
1 teaspoon cinnamon (or maybe a smidgen more )
And 2 tablespoons of flour
And mix ‘er up!
In a separate bowl, take 1 cup oats
Add 2 tablespoons of flour and 1/2 cup of brown sugar
Add 1/3 cup melted butter and mix ‘er up.
Spoon your fruit into a baking dish.
Now I chose to divide mine up into individual ramekins, for easy breakfast storage throughout the week… just grab a bowl and go!
You could put it all together in a square pan or make it even more fun (and transportable) by baking them up in little mason jars.
Top with your oat mixture and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Add a dollop of yogurt to take this baby over the top!
Apple & Berry Breakfast Crisp
Recipe from Gooseberry Patch's Big Book of Home Cooking. For more food and fun, visit GOODEnessGracious.com.
- 4 Apples Cored and Chopped/Sliced Thinly
- 2 Cups Blueberries
- 2 T Flour
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar- Packed
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate- Thawed
- 1 t Cinnamon
- Optional: Yogurt
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar- Packed
- 1/3 Cup Butter- Melted
- 2 T Flour
- Mix together fruit, 2 T Flour, Cinnamon, 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar and OJ
- Pour mixture into baking dish/dishes.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except yogurt) and top fruit with the oat mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Optional: Top with yogurt before serving