I was sooo thrilled when you guys picked Baked Artichoke & Spinach Dip as one of the recipes for us to share with you from Gooseberry Patch’s Big Book of Home Cooking.
Psst… Have you entered to win a copy yet?
Now this yummy dish is a good replica of the appetizer dip we like to get when we go out to eat …
Except when one makes it at home, one can use lowfat ingredients…
And lessen the guilt of eating copious amounts of said dip… a little
Now prepare yourself for a little magic trick… Take about 12 oz of fresh spinach and rinse it.
Then pop it in a microwave safe dish and cover with plastic wrap…
Psst… Like my holiday decor? That’s what mama gets when she stocks up on Press N Seal when they clearance out the out of season stuff
Now heat that baby for 3 minutes…
Now watch for the magic… drain that spinach and presss between paper towels to squeeze out the water.
And now 1 1/2 bags of spinach magically turn into this little bitty bit of wilted spinach
Criss Angel better watch out… There’s a new Cris in town… just sayin’
Drain a can of artichoke hearts and chop them up.
Now melt 1 T butter in a skillet…
Add a brick of Cream Cheese… I used the Weight Watchers stuff…
And one clove of garlic minced.
Now stir constantly… like gravy stirring… until all the cream cheese melts.
Add in the spinach…
and the chopped artichokes
Then add 1/2 cup light sour cream…
and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella…
I was out of the bagged stuff, so I just shredded up some fresh that I had stowed away for some pizza
Mix it all up and spread in a casserole dish.
Top with the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
It should be nice and bubbly.
Serve up with pita chips, veggies or in our case… baked Tostitos- yum!
Baked Artichoke & Spinach Dip
Recipe from Gooseberry Patch's Big Book of Home Cooking. For more food and fun, visit GOODEnessGracious.com
- 12 oz Fresh Spinach
- 14 oz Can Artichoke Hearts- Drained & Chopped
- 1 T Butter
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Clove Garlic-Minced
- 1/2 Cup Light Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella- divided
- Wash and drain spinach. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes until it is wilted.
- Drain and squeeze excess water out.
- Chop spinach and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add cream cheese and garlic and stir until cream cheese melts completely.
- Add spinach and artichokes.
- Add sour cream and half of the mozzarella.
- Mix together and spread into a casserole dish.
- Cover with remaining cheese
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes
- Serve with chips, pita chips or veggies