Are you looking for an easy way to change up Taco Night? This quick and easy Taco Skillet recipe is perfect for those busy nights where you could use a little extra Ole to the day!
I found the original recipe in Gooseberry Patch’s Weeknight Dinners Cookbook, which just so happens to feature Miss Add’s recipe for Fruit Tacos and our new family favorite Saucy Chicken Legs. I altered this festive dish to fit what I had on hand and thought it was perfect for our On the Lighter Side Series.
We all loved this hearty but lighter version of a Taco Skillet. And I loved that not only was it a cinch to make, Miss Add ate it right up- tomatoes, green pepper, onion, lettuce and all.
The recipe already did a great job of suggesting lighter ingredients, but I made a couple adjustments to fit my pantry/fridge and our normal favorite go-to foods.
- We used Extra Lean Ground Beef in lieu of Ground Turkey as a personal preference.
- We used Ronzoni Smart Taste Macaroni
- Instead of 4 small cans of tomato sauce, we used 1 large can (15 oz) and 1 can diced tomatoes and added 1 tsp Cumin.
- We used Multi-grain Tortilla Chips
- We used Low Fat Sour Cream and 2 % Mexican Shredded Cheese
Affiliate links were used in this post.